Monday, September 24, 2012

iPhone and Instagram

There is currently a lot of debate about whether professional photographers should be using iPhones and Instagram to shoot and post pictures. I for one embrace both. Some say that Instagram can make any crappy picture look great if you just slap a filter on it (in some cases it can). But most times it just takes a bad boring picture of what you are eating for lunch and turns it into a bad boring picture with a funky filter applied. The art to making any good image using an iPhone, Instagram, or a Canon 5D MKIII lies in the composition, the moments, and use of light. That shows through no matter what medium you are using. I have a great time pulling out my small iPhone when I am somewhere I don't want to lug around my gear. I can post images the moment I shoot them but I work hard to make them quality images. Here are a selection of iPhone images shot in the past week, some processed in Instagram, some right out of the camera. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @cbergin

iPhone, no filter applied


iPhone, Instagram filter


iPhone, Instagram filter


iPhone, no filter applied


iPhone, Instagram filter


iPhone, no filter applied

No comments: